The Euphonium newspaper, founded in Dipperville in 1861, was burned down in 1863 by an angry mob of Prussian immigrants who crossed the St Croix from Wisconsin. They assumed the word Euphonium was a offensive slight aimed at their cheese, Euphoria.
The Euphonium reappeared in 1868 under the name Trombone and in 1924 it merged with the Star and Garter under the banner Star Trombone.
It has had many owners, all of who stamped their characters on the paper. The current owners have managed to almost completely eliminate all news content in favor of print advertising but have steadfastly refused to reclassify the paper as an Adpaper (as opposed to a Newspaper).
$2.75 at corner news stands and at the Star Trombone office on Washington Ave. between Main St. and 3rd St.