The Euphonium newspaper, founded in Dipperville in 1861, was burned down in 1863 by an angry mob of Prussian immigrants who crossed the St Croix from Wisconsin. They assumed the word Euphonium was a offensive slight aimed at their cheese, Euphoria.
In 1679, Bartholomew J. (Jethro) Dipperkripp, originally from Lower Silesia, left the east coast colonies and trekked west as far as the Mississippi, which at the time was called something else. We are only thankful that he did not name the river after himself.